NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

I seem to remember

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

When CB started it was common to say Cq, Cq, is there anybody out there into the mic and listen hopefully.....
Just like this here site.... but hopefully here there will be a reaction.

Last edited Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm | Scroll up

RE: I seem to remember

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

Receiving you loud and clear - but not over CB. I think very little is going on at the moment - post-festive lull.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 am
by norderhove | 130 Posts

I've had comments from a couple of people that they can't work out how to get on here or just can't get used to it after the old forum.

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 am
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

I think perhaps we should hope that "he who knows all" is viewing and will enlighten newcomers and those who have transferred from the old forum about the right way to go about joining and using this forum please Malcolm

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:07 pm
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

All anyone has to do is type http://587388.xobor.com in the URL address or click on this link and it will take them to the registration page. There they click REGISTER and type in the details required. It then sends me a message that there is a new member needing Activation. I approve the registration and that is it. To post a blog or topic you click on FORUM and Create a new thread or just reply to an existing thread As NEUK is hosted on a free facility we have to accept what we are given in terms of a URL address. We could have a more appropriate URL address if we pay an annual fee of £12. We are guaranteed that this forum will always exist and be free but if we want the bells and whistles we will have to pay. There is no such thing as a free lunch but I think we do pretty well with what we have. This service was chosen after many hours of research because it is completely private and ultra safe unlike many other social networking sites that are around

The title FORUM BLOG is the members private area where you can create a personal Blog and have followers.

Last edited Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 am

These were people who have already signed up but just can't work out where to find the forum or what to do. I gave them direct links to the forum page and the rest seems too simple to explain but it's "different" and I suspect they are just afraid of doing something wrong.

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

I think you are right Dianne, I know how I hate new computer programs, nothing seems to work the way you think or expect it too. So folks just stick with it and use the forums, make mistakes, learn and correct the mistakes which with any new programmes seem to sort themselves out as you get used to the 'new' system at which stage the forum will become a new friend.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 pm
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

Once they have found it again all they have to do is Book Mark it by right clicking the mouse button on the URL address or page and then add to favorites. There are many ways to create a post. Just click on the main topic in the left column and then click create topic. To view or answer a topic just click the topic title in the right column

Perhaps Wendy might add the URL link to the Facebook page LINKS tab so it can be found more easliy

Last edited Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:22 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Well I've put the link in the breed notes more times than I can remember but people just don't seem able.

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 pm
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

Thanks Diane. Its one of those things people either like it, use it or loose it. Very difficult to call as there are 80+ members. Perhaps it is just a quite time.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 am
by jill105 | 20 Posts

If an old timer like me can use it, it can't be very difficult, as you say, its just different.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 3 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.