NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

GEOFF BULLOCK

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm
by 2oldbikers • 10 Posts

I have just heard from Geoff's son Tim that sadly Geoff passed away peacefully yesterday (Sunday the 20th) he was 88 and as you all know he had been ill for some time and towards the end was bedridden. We have so many happy memories of days out all packed in one car with four dogs showing our 'girls' and when Brian could no longer go to some of the further shows we would leave our oldies with him while Geoff and I went off hopefully chasing the cards. He always wanted to be kept informed of what was happening, who had won and any new dogs around, the first person we had to contact after club events was Geoff, he will leave a large gap in our lives. I will let you all know as soon as I have them to hand of any funeral arrangements or donations (although having been living with his son and daughter-in-law at St. Ives the last 2/3 years the family will obviously understand club members being unable to attend) - Maureen and Brian

Scroll up

RE: GEOFF BULLOCK

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm
by norderhove | 130 Posts

Thanks for your email about this Maureen. I was going to post it for you but glad to see you managed it. A real gentleman; I hadn't seen Geoff for years but he always kept in touch.

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Thanks for letting us know, Maureen. We feel really sad today as the Elkhound world has lost a true gentleman and one of the breed's most stalwart supporters. :-( We have many fond memories of Geoff, much correspondence and always marveled at his enthusiasm even once home from the hospital and bedridden. He had such a thirst for knowledge, always wanting to know what was going on with Elkhounds all over the world, what we had done with the UK dogs we had imported and how they were faring. We still have a lovely note written by him several years ago giving us permission to use one of Avril's wonderful drawings for one of our Christmas cards and he was so thrilled when I sent him one. He was "one of a kind" and I don't think the Elkhound world will see one like him ever again. Rest in peace, Geoff and know you were very much loved by all.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

Michael and I are very sorry to learn of Geoff's passing and send our condolances to his family. As Maggie has said, both Geoff and Avril were keen supporters of the breed for more years than I care to remember. I had many contacts with them whilst preparing the Club Journals and Magazines regarding the use of Avril's wonderful drawings. Catching up with them at shows and corresponding was always a great pleasure. Geoff will be sorely missed.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

I was lucky to have met him and his lovely wife when I first showed the breed at the BEC championship show in 1994, sadly Avril died not long after, but Geoff continued to support the shows with his dogs, and was a lovley person to talk to.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 pm
by Dotty2 | 33 Posts

So sorry to hear about Geoff, a very kind & considerate man, he will be missed.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.