NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

"Elkhound News" Magazine

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:42 am
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

Along with he who bearly saw a road gritter on his journeys in the UK and all the way to NL came a welcome read. Thank you very much Enid for all your hard work in producing another super edition and to the various contributors who helped to give us a very good read. There cannot be many Clubs in numerically small breeds within the UK where membership of the Club (Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain) includes a Journal (year book) and a Magazine within the membership subscription! Long may it continue with Enid's hard work and support of our members.

Scroll up

RE: "Elkhound News" Magazine

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Something to look forward to these long and very cold days...always a welcome read. Hopefully our postman won't freeze before it gets here. It is all of minus 13 degrees Farenheit this morning without the wind chill! Brrrrr!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

Hi maggie, you did mean -13 Fahrenheit, we are getting used to Celsius but -13F is blooming cold. I reckon equals -25c.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Yes, I did (unfortunately) mean -13 Fahrenheit and with the stiff wind that is blowing, they reckon that the wind chill is something like -30 Fahrenheit... i.e. about -35 Celsius. Needless to say all dogs are in the house and snugged up. Both the woodstove and oil burner are keeping us nice and toasty!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

The last time I experienced those sort of figures was a winter in Norway, but then I think -30c at 2 am after a new years eve party was the max, mainly up to -20c. Don't fancy your temperatures here it is -8c and that's bad enough. Mind you the 'little dogs' Swedish Valhunds seem to enjoy ploughing through the snow up to their tums (they come back when called!). Paypal under investigation.
Someone has to get this forum going.....where are you all....in hiding like the gritters.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 am
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Yeah! Arriving by dog sled this afternoon was the Magazine!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 2 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.