NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Follow the dogs with the vacuum cleaner!

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

What is our weather doing to our dogs? With this wet (and more wet), very cold interspursed, if we are lucky, with a snatch of sunshine and perhaps the odd dry day. I guess it's our desire for warmth in the house that is really to blame for the fact that coats are on the blow again. Looking out of the window as I type, I could be fooled into thinking that Spring is on the way but then I think of yesterday when it was dull, rain and times and a tremendous hail storm. No wonder the dogs are confused

Scroll up

RE: Follow the dogs with the vacuum cleaner!

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm
by norderhove | 130 Posts

LOL You must have seen the photo i put on Facebook of what I just got out of Sky. Now we are expecting heavy snow and blizzards with drifting; it's been raining all week; I just turned off the heating and took the bedspread off my bed. Looks as if they'll have to come back. I'd love just ONE dry day to get the front hedge cut. Haven't been able to do it since October and it's about a foot to come off. Even the lawn is growing again and it's only just Febriary

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Funny, but just had a conversation with my vet about this last week. I mentioned to him that dogs were shedding at odd times of the year, once back up into coat they blow quickly, etc. He said he has been seeing this with a lot of breeds on a regular basis. He felt it was due to the changing weather patterns we have (all) been experiencing.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, Sky's shed is purely hormone related; season, false pregnancy, coat shed what ever the weather or time of year but Poppy seems to be growing coat like there's no tomorrow and blowing it constantly but she is spayed.

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

I just love plucking the tufts (!)

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Oh me too. I'm the bestest tuft plucker!!!!!:-)

norderhove

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.