NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Raider has gone over the Bridge

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:46 am
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

Just to let his friends know that Raider has left me, about an hour ago. It was cancer, and it had spread from the spleen to the liver. Surgery would have been difficult and pointless in the end - he had suffered enough.

It's hard to believe that a dog that looked so vital, healthy and alive yesterday morning should have gone. It is far too soon, and he takes my heart with him.

I will write an obituary for the Rainbow Bridge section tomorrow.

Scroll up

RE: Raider has gone over the Bridge

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 am
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

Ness, I have tears as I write this. I can hardly believe that a dog who looked so full of life and in his prime has crossed the Bridge. My heart goes out to you. I knew that he could cope with getting over his operation but, alas, if the cancer had spread then there is no choice as we have the chance to end suffering and let our companions go in peace. RIP Raider and run free over the Bridge. Hope you get the chance to have a powwow with my Elsa. xxxx

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 am
by Balsemasi • 8 Posts

Ness, we are so sorry to hear of your loss. We can only imagine how devastating this was. Our thoughts & sympathies are with you it is always a difficult decision to take but he would only have suffered had you let him linger. Best Wishes. Rob & Chris XX

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:31 am
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

You know well that we all here thought him one of the really 'Special' ones.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:28 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Having been kept up to date on Raider's condition all of yesterday by friends who know we are not on Facebook, the final word was received last night before turning in. To say it was a sleepless night would be an understatement, but cannot imagine what Ness is going through right now.

To be gifted with the opportunity to observe dogs age is a process in getting our minds ready to accept the inevitable fact. However, when you have one such as this who looked so very good just two weeks before at the Contest and now know that he is gone forever is very hard to accept. It is no secret that we have been Raider admirers for a long time and found in this dog so many qualities hard to come by and to see him once again in such beautiful condition recently was very pleasing... the very best way to remember him. I feel honored to be the last one to bestow him with a very well-deserved award.

Rest in peace, Raider. We will never forget you and send our love and sympathy to all of your family.

With tears,
Maggie and Sally

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 pm
by 2oldbikers • 10 Posts

Our very sincere sympathy is with you Ness, we know how special Raider was to you, he was a lovely boy and you have given him peace from suffering which is the greatest gift we can give our loved ones. Our thoughts are with you - Maureen and Brian

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 am
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

I have uploaded some more pictures of Raider to the Gallery. I can't quite write an obituary yet.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.