NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

NECGB results

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:54 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

I've uploaded the results from yesterday. I missed the junior handling classes and the brace class, so I'd be glad if someone could verify those results, please! Any other corrections, please post them here and I will gladly correct them.

I was rather sad to see that the classification for the show has been reduced this year.

Last edited Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 pm | Scroll up

RE: NECGB results

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Many thanks Ness for taking the time to type all the postings -- much appreciated!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm
by norderhove | 130 Posts

Thank you for all your hard work in typing those out Vanessa- MUCH appreciated

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

No problem. I'll post NEAS later, if Stuart brings the catalogue.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:36 pm
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

Really really thanks, been digesting them all day.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm
by Dotty2 | 33 Posts

Well done to all winners yesterday, many congrats to Debs & Helen, a day to remember.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 pm
by jaco2 • 3 Posts

what a shock yesturday when i dropped in to the show i have to wonder how many of the dogs had sore paws after running and sometimes slidding a little on the gravel plus the ring looked to be on the small side i did not know they had started to measure the heights of elkhounds in the uk so that to was a shock because when i saw the judge pick the pole up then adjust it slightly that had me really puzzled and the numbers entered was so low i know alot of shows are suffering at the moment and have been for the last few years but the club show always seemed to be well represented hopefully things will pick up on a different note was those two puppies that were playing great a lovely sight that i could watch all day

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:10 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

Many thanks Ness. I've not had a chance to digest the results yet myself! We are on board the ferry at Harwich awaiting departure for Holland and will arrive early tomorrow morning.

I had a wonderful, memorable day yesterday. We were so lucky to be outside in the warm Spring sunshine, so much better than inside the hall. People and dogs could choose to be in the sun or shade - perfect. My gift from the Club was 2 beautifully etched and engaged glasses as a permanent reminder of the day.

I shall post my report very soon both in the press and on this forum. Thanks to everyone who entered their lovely dogs under me.

SORRY - I PINCHED MICHAEL'S IPAD AND SO THE AUTHOR SHOULD BE K9KRACKERS!

Last edited Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:17 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:09 am
by norderhove | 130 Posts

Having seen photos (I wasn't there) the ring size and surface looked absolutely fine to me. As to measuring heights, any judge may measure if they wish. It's usually only used when the judge sees a dog they really like but thinks it may be over or under sized. It's not common practice but there's no rule against it. I suspect however that as it is usually never done it could freak out some dogs. A recent Swedish judge had a measure with him but I didn't see him use it.

Wendy I think you mean engraved glasses not engaged LOL!

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:30 am
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

I'm a bit puzzled, the ring surface was concrete, there probably was some chipping dust on it from the grass parking area, where I assume it has been used to give a firmer surface.

My own dogs primarily get road walked, and Elkhounds are supposed to have thick pads to cope with the often rocky terrain they are expected to hunt in.

We are unfortunate here in Bristol to often come across broken glass, and touch wood, of the 9 Elkhounds I have owned I have only ever dealt with one partially sliced pad, where my herding breed cut her feet numerous times.

As for the ring size, I thought it quite adequate, and considering I was handling in 8 classes and a challenge, with an iffy knee, was glad it wasn't any bigger, LOL I know the Kennel club has minimum ring size requirements and it certainly was bigger than many rings I have shown in.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Last edited Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am
by Bumbleknightdiva • 2 Posts

The ring was larger than we have had for many years. It gave every dog and exhibitor the chance to fully show the flow and ease of movement of their dog. As for the surface I agree with Barbara the breed is use to all terrains and this surface was no worse than a walk down some town streets these days. It was checked throughly before the the start by several people and where needed swept quite professionally by Robert Gilbert (he looked quite at home with a brush in his hand). The weather seemed to lift everyone's spirits and being one of the first chances for some of the members to meet since last year, many friendships were renewed and new ones made. It was great that several folk turned up just to celebrate the day even if they could not bring or show their own dogs. Wendyvery pleased that you were happy with your gift and as you warm yourselves with a wee dram you will be reminded of an alround good day.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

We certainly shall Bumbleknightdiva As for the ring, it was certainly an excellent size and allowed plenty of room for movement. I only split the larger classes into two initially whilst moving around the ring to avoid any crowding. I did ask each exhibitor to be mindful of the drain in the middle of the ring but it was no problem. The surface was only in full sun for part of the day and posed no problem to dogs or their owners. I must say that the outside ring was the icing on the cake and definitely helped to make the day so successful. Michael and I were rather beetroot coloured the morning after as, I suspect, were a number of exhibitors and visitors. Well done to all the Committee and their helpers for all their hard work. I was kept in order by my 'bossy' ring stewards (in the nicest possible way) and I thank them for all their help.

I have a black bum-bag in my possession which was scooped up with my belongings by mistake. Please let me know to whom this belongs.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 am
by newkilt | 13 Posts

Well Done to all the winners, sounds like a great day. Thanks for posting these results Ness, and also for the NEAS results.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm
by 2oldbikers • 10 Posts

Must say, we thoroughly enjoyed showing outside for a change, weather was lovely, ring was adequate and I am sure the dogs appreciated being outside too as there was very little barking and they seemed so much happier. Would also like to thank those members who so kindly bought a few bits of jewellery as I managed to send Albert £150 for the rescue (was sorry not to be able to tempt Wendy as usual but as she was the judge thought better not - let me know when I am going to see you next Wendy you don't escape that easily!). Well done to all the winners.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 am
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

Yes Maureen, I was sorry that I didn't get a chance to look. Michael was probably pleased though!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.