NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Hello -- summary

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:11 am
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

Hi,
It seems we all have a liking for this forum -- so I guess we all ought to persevere -- Maggie said

"How do you celebrate Christmas with your Elkhounds?
well ..?

I remember when the bank proposed changing their business banking software to what I thought was horrible software. Hated it, to my surprise got used to it, got to like it, got to like it a lot, decided I would be lost without it.

So let's keep trying.

Scroll up

RE: Hello -- summary

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:22 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

Sounds good to me. Maybe Malcolm will set up another section called Question of the Week, somewhere near the Elkhound Stories section. That would highlight it. When we've got a few answers, we can invite others to join in.

Story telliing's always good.... And maybe people will also ask those burning questions that they've never dared ask before.

Ness

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 am
by Discworld1 | 12 Posts

Perhaps a separate section to show critiques. As the results section say no comments so should the critiques. I understand that the dog papers must have the chance to publish them first but even 2/3 weeks later would be of interest I feel.

Thank you all for reading this

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:21 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

I personally think that the critiques are better attached to the results, Discworld, so that you can easily see when and if a critique was supplied for each show, and you can see the placings below the critiqued dogs at a glance. The show names are marked with an asterisk, so that you can see which ones have a critique attached. Would you like me to add the open show critiques too? I could do that easily enough, although for all too many open shows, no critique is published.

I won't publish them until both papers have had a chance to get them in print. Sometimes there can be a delay in the second paper publishing. They remain copyright to the judge, and the judge can chose to publish a critique earlier if they wish to, or ask them to be taken down if they would rather I do that.

I agree that critiques should not be commented on via the forum - they are the judges' opinions after all, and they are entitled to them.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:30 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

I think it would be a great idea to publish the critiques with the show results as it gives a complete overall story. For those of us who don't get the dog papers due to the economy, location or other factors, it does make for a total compilation. It would be nice if somehow show photos could be included as well.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 pm
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

You will find that you can now leave comments and post to the Dog Show Results section. I have not got around to editing the section text yet but I will.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:53 pm
by norderhove | 130 Posts

If the results section is to allow comments then the judges' reports should not be on there and would need another section. I thought it was agreed that it would be nice to have results and critiques together?

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm
by Dotty2 | 33 Posts

I enjoy reading results/critiques together as even though I take a dog paper I always manage to miss something, open show results would be good too, if they get sent in, appreciate Ness taking the time to add them. Not sure on comments being added, as mentioned it is the judges opinion, & wouldn't like to see it questioned publicly, although I'd hazard a guess it would get us some lively debate on here!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 pm
by Discworld1 | 12 Posts

I have no strong feelings as to whether they are attached to the results or not. I merely thought that the time gap (for the papers) might be too great for someone to go back in and add them. It might be possible to ask at the various shows whether the judge would mind letting you have a copy or not. I just thought it might give people some idea of what the judges thought of their particular dog or bitch. Just an idea as I said.

Thank you

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:49 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

Question of the week is up and running, Michael. There is also an album for Chritmas pictures, both before and after the event.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 2 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.