NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

CQ, CQ DX.......

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:49 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

I seem to recall sitting in a warm VW camper atop Devils Dyke outside Brighton on cold winter days after taking the dogs for walks and drinking tea on a near deserted Dyke many, many years ago and using a 934 CB radio and yes they were legal. Now there weren't many of us around the country at that time using these high frequency and supposedly short range radios as they were hard to get so a call of 'CQ DX often went unanswered. Surprisingly I got a response from someone in Leicester (short range?) which is why I shouted away - and prophetic as we ended up living near Leicester.

It comes to mind now and then and reminds me of the current state of this site which is a very great shame.

So I thought a shout of CQ, CQ DX would be rather appropriate --- roughly translated it means of course 'ANY ONE OUT THERE to talk to".....CQ, CQ DX....

Scroll up

RE: CQ, CQ DX.......

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 am
by Balsemasi • 8 Posts

It does seem a sad reflection of the times that most people seem to favour the FB sites. This is a good tool that Malcolm went to a lot of trouble to set up for usand should be used far more widely. I check it daily for news but people who log into FB forget to update this site as well. It seems to be the same few that always use this site............How do we get people to use it more?......ideas anyone?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.