NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Hurricane Sandy!

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:14 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

Just wondering how our friends across the pond are getting on and hoping that you are all safe and sound and have not suffered damage. Must have been a terrifying experience.

Scroll up

RE: Hurricane Sandy!

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Having recently gotten internet service back, I was amazed to find the many emails from friends around the world worried about our welfare during Hurricane Sandy. Well, thus far we have survived the storm. We did lose power last night for a short period of time, but thankfully that was it. It was a loud and noisy night outside with trees and branches crashing down in the woods... thankfully none of them on vehicles or house!...and driving rain which was horizontal most of the time. The winds howled most of the night and small branches hitting the windows woke me a few times.

Sally called me once she got to the store and said she was not sure how she got there as there were so many downed trees and power lines, but they have power there and no damages but with a lot of rain yet to come, there is cause for concern of the brook behind the shop spilling its banks. As most of the towns around us have no power, we feel extremely lucky to somehow escaped this. Our little town is bracing for flooding once again and when I went down yesterday, it looked like “sandbag city” with many shops having things put up on benches, boarded doors and sandbags everywhere. I hope we don’t get hit too hard again... people here are very much “flood weary” after a few episodes this summer.

Lots more rain and winds to come, but the worst of it is over. Fingers crossed we can continue to hold power!

Thanks for your concern,
Maggie and Sally and all the Kamgaard Elkhounds

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

So glad to hear that you are all safe and have been spared too much damage. Let's hope Sally's business will escape a problem from possible flood waters. It appears that some areas have suffered a great deal of problems. I'm glad I don't live in a hurricane country but who knows in the future!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

Pleased to see that you have weathered the storm, for once those few words are very apt. Many years ago we had what was called a hurricane in Sussex (the one the weather man said was not going to happen) and I have to admit it scared me stiff. We lived in a clearing (we had cleared it before building) in the forest the noise during the storm was horrendous and I will admit to wearing headphones and playing music just to stop the noise, very frightening. We had trees down all round us but were lucky, up the road they weren't and had a tree in the middle of the house. No worries of flooding as we were 350 ft above sea level however.

The best bit was that of course we lost power so the half dozen houses in the immediate vicinity pooled the contents of our freezers and had a good party next morning after the storm had gone, this was on the road which due to all the many trees down was closed for 10 days, oh it was quiet for that time.
We all wish you the best.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 am
by jill105 | 20 Posts

You have my personal email Maggie and Sally so I will just say thank God you are both alright and although there were deaths it could have been a lot worse. Hopeing things get back to normal as soon as possible. Hope that's it for the big ones.!!...

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:42 pm
by norderhove | 130 Posts

Glad to report that Pat Gamsby , Eileen Mello and Toni Welkes are ok; lacking power but no serious damage. I really pity the pet owner in Manhattan who lives on the 30th floor with the elevators out of action! So glad you didn't get the expected flooding Maggie.

norderhove

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 2 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.