NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

'Jozi' - Ch Barbelka Eliksyr - 17/11/1999 - 03/04/2015

in The Rainbow Bridge Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:10 am
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Sadly I have had to say goodbye to 'Jozi'- Ch BARBELKA ELIKSYR, and send her to join her favourite human being my son Richard. She lived life to the full for almost 15 1/2 years, still striding out on her daily evening walks with the rest of the BARBELKA gang.

Those who knew her personally know what a character she was, full of good natured mischief, but always the centre of everything.

The winner of 10CCs (5 with BOB) and 8 RCCs (Including NECGB 2009 and 2010). Hound Group Two winner at SWKA 2002, and Group Three at Three Counties 2004!

Overall winner of the Champion stakes at Windsor 2002. Her first CC and RBIS was at the NECGB championship show in 2001 under the late Jean Walter-Browne (Oseberg), and third and crown at the Houndshow under the late Margaret Harper (Ravenstone). She finished the year on 5CC's and second top CC winning Elkhound from just 10 shows.

Her winning Children - Year born

CHAMPIONS:

BRITISH CHAMPION BARBELKA ISKRA JW (Bitch) - 2003
IRISH CHAMPION BARBELKA KALIBER (Dog) (I CC, 1 RCC in UK) - 2005
INT/NED/BEL CH BARBELKA KOMETA (Bitch) - 2005
IRISH CHAMPION BARBELKA LILA (Bitch) (RCC in UK) - 2006

RESERVE CHALLENGE CERTIFICATE WINNERS:

BARBELKA INTRYGA AT ELVERDAL - 2003

She also has champion Grandchildren in the USA, Australia and Ireland, and in the UK, Ch Barbelka Nowinka JW is a championship hound group two winner, and her most successful granddaugher is Ch/Ir Ch Ennafort The One And Only.

She was absolutely fine until 2.50pm when she had a massive seizure, while at rest in crate with door open. so I shooed the rest of the dogs out, and slid her out onto the big mat on kitchen floor as with the fit her legs had tipped the water bucket contents .

This went on for ten minutes while I was ringing the vet, then she appeared to be coming around and was screaming and howling for several more minutes. She then lost consciousness, at first I thought she had died, but her belly was moving.

We decided with a major neurological incident like that we were not going to bring her home, as it was bound to be a sign of something majorly wrong, and of course would probably happen again, and this time we might be out of the house or asleep during the night.

With her having been absolutely well and fit right to the end (had demanded the dogs usual evening walk the night before),at 15 years and 5 months it was fairer to let her go with dignity intact.

The vet agreed with us. He commented how hard muscled and fit she was. I told her to go find Richard now as she slipped away.
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.
Scroll up

RE: 'Jozi' - Ch Barbelka Eliksyr - 17/11/1999 - 03/04/2015

in The Rainbow Bridge Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:22 am
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

A great dog Barbara, she will also run with Mindy,(Int,Fr,Lux CH Malenibo Myth & Magic) it was always difficult to tell them apart often swapping positions until we departed for France RIP sweet lady

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.