NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

dead forum

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:22 pm
by norderhove | 130 Posts

Is no one using the new forum?

norderhove

Scroll up

RE: dead forum

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:59 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

It certainly doesn't look like it!!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Perhaps it's just the time of the year with everyone getting ready for Christmas and (here) trying to tuck in the last shows of the year...or...maybe all of the "old" NEUK members haven't transferred over... or quite frankly, maybe some (myself included) do not find this website/forum as "user friendly" as the old one. I find it a little cumbersome and intimidating and upon opening up the home page don't find new items as apparent as the old one. Just my thoughts... not complaints.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:26 pm
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

Have added an activity feed so you can easily see whats new. Some members may like it and some may not I will add a survey sometime later so you can say whether you want to keep it or lose it. I think most of the members from the Multiply forum have transferred. We are 80 strong with several new members but as Kamgard says there could be several factors, not least of which will be the many problems that some members are having as a result of the weather in the UK at the moment. As with all forums there are the lurkers and there are the contributors, I an sure things will pick up a little later when people get around to sending Christmas wishes An easy way to find the forum is while you are on the main page right click on the NEUK tab and add to your favorites

Last edited Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:31 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:07 am
by norderhove | 130 Posts

It just seemed that everyone is using Facebook and forgetting to put anything on here. Haven't even seen the Nordic results or even good wishes to Bryony after the flooding

norderhove

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 am
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

I think the potential uses of the two sites are quite different - the forum is the place to record things that you might want to preserve for all time. Conversations on fb are far more transitory in in nature. I think the activity feed is very useful, Malcolm - thank you!

I've just logged on to post the results of South Yorkshire Hound - I wasn't at the Nordic, but maybe someone that was can post the results.

Last edited Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 am | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

I like the activity feed, thanks Malcolm.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:45 am
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

Things are are little different from the old Multiply forum and there is more that can be done with this forum. Vanhalla is right about both mediums having different uses. This forum is more an information bank /resource where members can record and store information that will be useful to other lovers of the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It also allows a much more personal/private interaction between the members that Facebook cannot provide. Its new and different so give it time to become familiar, make some suggestions about what topics you would like to see. Like Norderhove, I would have expected a few more posts on how members and the Elkies have coped with the flooding but then again the priority is dealing with the event and I am sure we will hear when things get back to normal. In the meantime why not add a Christmas greeting and new year wishes to other members. The Christmas Greeting area will be available until the middle of January.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 pm
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

Also I can't remember the address (its all xbor and numbers) for this forum and when I google it brings up the Multiply one. Today I reached it from a link I placed on my own website.

Just a mention of Multiply, people's personal pages still seem to be up and working normally.

I too like the feed thingy at the top.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 pm
by graythor | 12 Posts

I am just doing my critique for the Nordic, I can post results when done,

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 am
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

The old forum will disappear from the search engines over time. In the meantime, bookmark the page so that you can get back to it easily. If people link to the new forum from their own websites, it will help to promote it and push it up the search engine rankings. That's the way it works.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:02 pm
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

Ah, well then I shall best come to it from my link then.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.