NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Ch Kinderhorn Dain of Conrick JW ShCM

in The Rainbow Bridge Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:40 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

CH KINDERHORN DAIN OF CONRICK JW ShCM

‘Raider’ aka ‘Red’ aka ‘Mummy’s Boy’

11.1.02 – 10.3.13

(The late, great Ch Kestos Quicksilver x Ravenstone Ailisa at Kinderhorn)

8 CCs, 16 RCCs, 6 BOBs at Championship shows ; 1 Group 3 at Three Counties Championship Show ; Best in Show at the Norwegian Elkhound Association of Scotland Championship Show 2009 ; Top Points Winning Norwegian Elkhound in 2004 ; Norwegian Elkhound Club Veteran of the Year 2010, 2011, 2012 ; Contest of Champions Veteran Challenge Winner 2010, 2011, 2012 ; Best Veteran in Show at both the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain and Norwegian Elkhound Association of Scotland Championship Shows ; multiple BOBs, group placings and Best in Show at Open Shows. Sire of champions in the UK and Australia, with more winning offspring waiting in the wings.

Diana Hudson wrote of him in Dog World: “One of our most successful and popular champions, 11-year-old Raider was known by everyone in the breed for his outgoing cheeky personality and his love of the girls. He never curled his lip or had a cross word for anyone human or canine and he moved round the ring like the breeze. Our old girl Poppy used to turn into a pup again every time she saw him. She has never flirted with any other male, showing them her teeth, but for Raider she turned into jelly.”

I lost my heart-dog very suddenly, 3 days after his final showing at Crufts, where he was lacking his usual sparkle. There was no other warning, although he was intermittently ill in those last few hours before his death. Many people on various lists and message boards have expressed their sorrow at his passing, and the cards have been arriving nonstop in the fortnight since his death. He was a very special dog, and touched the lives of many people that met him, not because of the glittering awards that he won, but for his outgoing and extrovert personality. I can’t express how that face, and that keen expression, could light up any room that he was in. He was always ready for anything – he just wanted to be with me, doing whatever I was doing, and I with him. Where he is now, I can’t yet follow, but a big part of me died with him on that day. I felt him with me still as a physical presence on the first evening after he died, but I know now that he is gone over the Bridge, where one day I will go to be with him.

Message to Raider: “I chose you when you were 11 hours old, intending you to be a future mate for Spooky. I expected no more of you than that. You grew, and you were beautiful. Amazingly, you loved me as much as I loved you. I have experienced love and devotion unlike any other, and I will never forget you. You have meant as much to me as any human. I'll always be "Raidersmummy". Wait for me at the Bridge, beloved, with Spooky and Roo.”

Last edited Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:46 pm | Scroll up

RE: Ch Kinderhorn Dain of Conrick JW ShCM

in The Rainbow Bridge Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

What a wonderful and heart-felt tribute to your special boy. RIP Raider xx

Scroll up

in The Rainbow Bridge Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm
by Discworld1 | 12 Posts

Heartbreakingly beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to him.

Last edited Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm | Scroll up

in The Rainbow Bridge Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 pm
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

Rest easy lovley boy.

You live on in your offspring and grand-offspring.

Thank you Raider.

In fact he is a great grandsire of quite a few litters the most recent being my 'U' litter.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.

Last edited Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm | Scroll up

in The Rainbow Bridge Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:36 pm
by Dotty2 | 33 Posts

Will miss you Raider.xx

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics