NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Hello ?

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:41 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

Just checking in to ask if there is any body out there reading, listening with something to say ... weather -- wins -- bad days -- good days -- indeed anything?

Scroll up

RE: Hello ?

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:52 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

I try to check in every day, but there's not a lot going on at the moment.

I would guess most people are busy getting ready for Christmas.

Also, there are quite a few litters either already here or in planning, so there will be fewer bitches being shown, and there already weren't many dogs.....

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:31 am
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

There has not been much activity for sometime which makes me think that the forum has had its day. It seems most people prefer to use other mediums despite the insecurity and potential viruses. We will see how it goes after the New Year but I am beginning to think it is no longer worth keeping it alive. Pity because it is a great repository of sound Elkhound information plus discussions on any other topic ones cares to start. Ah well!!!!

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm
by Vanhalla | 154 Posts

Hi Malcolm - I think it has its use as a permanent record of show results, Rainbow Bridge memorials and pictures. Facebook doesn't deal with things like that so well - the posts there are fleeting conversations, soon lost and forgotten. I think it would be a shame if this forum was to go altogether.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:20 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

Agree with Ness here. I tend to think of this as a lasting record on UK Elkhound doings and think it would be a shame to see it go. :-(

What if there were a "question of the week" for discussion by all? Really feel this forum is more conducive as a learning tool than Facebook.

Maggie

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 am
by Balsemasi • 8 Posts

Have to admit I prefer this forum than Facebook. Aside from the security issues I find this is more specific. I generally look in once a day but there seems to be a general preference by other people to communicate via FB. Christine

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:47 pm
by Dotty2 | 33 Posts

Have to agree with Christine, I prefer this site it feels more personal to me, we should make more of an effort to use it as it would be a shame to let it go. I like Maggies idea of a question of the week, it would be interesting to hear others view point as most knowledge used to be gleaned from ringside discussions which sadly don't happen so often with people often rushing to get home.

Last edited Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:38 am
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

OK....so who is going to be the first to put a question of the week forward.....?

bring it on.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:05 pm
by kamgaard | 49 Posts

How about (in keeping with the holiday spirit) -- "How do you celebrate Christmas with your Elkhounds?"

Don't know if you would need to start a new thread for this?... if so, will let the site moderator do that. Or maybe start a new column "Question of the Week" ??

Maggie

Last edited Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm | Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:56 pm
by Erikshuman • 2 Posts

Hi. I just don't like the format of the Forum - preferred the way it was before! It's a shame because I found the Forum invaluable when I got Erik and wanted to catch up with other Elkhound owners for advice etc. I will try and get used to the new (for me) site! By the way I saw that Dorset Dog Rescue are advertising a young Elkhound called Shadow. They listed him as a Siberian Husky so I emailed them to say he is an Elkhound and I also emailed Elkhound Rescue to let them know. I wonder where he came from and why the people who handed him into Dorset Dog Rescue weren't told he was an Elkhound? Ali

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 pm
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

Hi Ali, what is it that you do not like about the forum, maybe we can tweek it a little. We tried to make it as easy as possible to use and as near to the old forum as possible. Please keep us informed how the rescue is going.

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:19 pm
by Erikshuman • 2 Posts

I'm not good with change! I just need to get used to the site! X

Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:04 am
by Brainless64 | 130 Posts

Yes I agree too, This is best for anything that we would like to refer to. So show records health info etc etc.

Barbara and the Grey Curly tails.
Scroll up

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14 am
by Malenibo | 141 Posts

I also agree that this forum fulfills a greater role in being a repository for all important information Elkhound and priceless advice that members can tap into. The problem is that it is hosted on a FREE server (Hence the adverts) and if there is no activity for a certain period of time then the host providers will remove the site as redundant because the adverts are not being seen and this is how they can provide a free service. I would have no control over the service providers deleting the site an we would loose all the data stored. I am happy to continue to service the site with the other moderators Vanessa & Wendy but members do need to use it a little more to ensure it continues to exist. If anyone feels there are some other categories we can add to the forum that would encourage more use, then please make the suggestions.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.