NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND FORUM

Welcome to Norwegian Elkhounds Global Forum. This is the place where you can share your news and views, post pictures, start discussions, ask questions and generally keep up to date with things going on in the Norwegian Elkhound world. The Forum is open to all who have a great love and affection for the Norwegian Elkhound breed. It has no affiliation or connections with the Norwegian Elkhound Club of Great Britain

Bremen day 2

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:12 pm
by Bluesmate | 62 Posts

Just had a call to say that the results for today were the same as yesterday although of course no CACIB's were on offer as it was not an International show.
Seems that yesterday she showed a dog in each hand for the group. Today she had a handler but as yesterday no places.
It was apparently very hot again and I suggested that maybe she should have taken the 2K generator to run the motorhome air con. For you caravanning show goers - the prepaid caravan parking fee was €10 per day and she had an electrical hookup included so temp was set at 18c to cool everyone off. Was not looking forward to telling her that Sammy the cat had not been seen since she left but he has just turned up for his evening meal thank goodness.
I was asked to say congrats to all for their 'Houndshow' winnings so mine as well. It is one of two shows in the year, Windsor being the other, that I always try to get to.

Scroll up

RE: Bremen day 2

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:03 am
by norderhove | 130 Posts

Love Bremen, gorgeous place but not in the heat she mentioned. A great weekend. Well done

norderhove

Scroll up

RE: Bremen day 2

in MAIN POST AREA * ELKHOUND BLOGS & BRAGS Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 pm
by k9krackers | 124 Posts

Didn't get to look around Bremen which was a great shame. One of my Dutch friends posted some pictures of the 'old' town and it looks absolutely fantastic. Indeed I had a very good weekend but I wouldn't recommend doing again in the temperatures the dogs and I had to endure. Thank goodness for the zircon in the motorhome for some relief. The exhibition halls got very hot due to the amount of glass and going outside for the dogs to do the necessary didn't help much either. All in all though, I must say that I enjoyed the weekend and am delighted that my Swedish Vallhund Krister got his last and qualifying CACIB for his International title.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today was 1 guest online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 359 topics and 969 posts.